City of Residence: Shanghai
School: Shanghai International School
Intended Major: Sound Design or Entrepreneurship
Age during program: Grade 11
Lisa loves sound creation and design. Being forward-looking, she likes to brainstorm ideas to integrate sound design with business for her future career opportunity.
What challenges did she face?
- She has good observation abilities, but she needs to improve her understanding of sound production and how different materials and props produce different sounds.
The mentor is a picture and sound editor who has worked on Emmy-award winning television shows.
How did our program help her?
- She learned about the importance of sound in music and film for transmitting emotion and telling stories.
- She learned how to describe a human voice, as well as unique sound effects and general sounds.
- The professor worked with Lisa to identify emotions in the surroundings through non-specific discourse and tie them to music.
- The professor gave Lisa a step-by-step sound analysis and extensive description, prompting her to think more deeply about the topic.