City of residence: Shanghai
School: Shanghai American School
Intended Major: Biology/Computer Science
Age during program: Grade 10
Freddy is a student in one of Shanghai’s top international schools. He has excellent grades and a strong interest in biology (neuroscience, DNA, environmental science). He enjoys coding and has taken Python classes as well as a Java summer program at Columbia.
★ Northwestern University
What challenges did he face?
- Despite his interest in biology and coding, he lacks the requisite skills to do data analysis for real-world applications.
The mentor works at Tufts University as a Research Assistant Professor. His research work was included in the Forbes 30 Under 30 in Science.
How did our program help him?
- We enrolled him in a two-month program focused on network analysis using Python 3.
- He used Python to study and portray the efficiency and attributes of the subway systems in Shanghai and New York for his independent project in the program.
- The professor aided him in looking deeper into the general concepts of Python 3 when it came to modeling biological systems.
- Freddy’s professor agreed to write him a Letter of Recommendation.