City of residence: Shanghai
School: Concordia International
Intended Major: Financial Engineering
Age: Grade 9
Jessica has experience in Python, Java, Mindstorm Robotic EV3, and USACO C++. Her primary interests are Financial Engineering, Entrepreneurship, and Coding. Her goal in enrolling in this program is to learn the application of statistics in business.
What challenges did she face?
- A bright and inquisitive student who wishes to obtain and broaden her knowledge set beyond what is offered in her academic classes.
- She is interested in learning statistics so she could apply the useful concepts in her own business in future.
The mentor is a lecturer at MIT in the Mathematics Department. He also serves as an investment manager, exploiting advanced statistical analytics to manage a variety of investment programs.
How did our program help her?
- This mentorship program gave her the opportunity to combine financial statistics to her passion for entrepreneurship.
- Open source data analysis software and statistical computer packages were introduced to her.
- Jessica’s professor agreed to write her a Letter of Recommendation.