City of residence: Shanghai, China
School: SAS Puxi
Intended Major: Economics/Finance
Age: Grade 11
Ruby serves as a leader at Jacaranda Club and SAS Eggschange at her school. She assists her family with real estate investment plannings because she has a strong interest in finance and statistics.
★ NYU Stern
★ University of Michigan Ross School of Business
What challenges did she face?
- Ruby is eager to master advanced data analysis, particularly in the field of real estate, but such abilities are not taught in schools.
- Ruby wanted a strong extracurricular portfolio to help her stand out in her college application.
The mentor is a lecturer at MIT in the Mathematics Department. He also serves as an investment manager, exploiting advanced statistical analytics to manage a variety of investment programs.
How did our program help her?
- Ruby was able to learn R and use it to analyze real estate data using R Studio.
- The professor taught her the fundamentals of time series analysis as well as how to use complex statistical methods to examine time series data (e.g., the LOESS method).
- Ruby’s professor has agreed to send her a letter of recommendation if she needs one for her college application.